Synthio’s GDPR Decleration: Updated May 2018
In 2016 the European Union adopted the General Data Protection Regulation, commonly known as GDPR. The GDPR is effective May 25th, 2018 and Synthio INC had taken steps to ensure our compliance with the regulation. The goal of the GDPR is to give EU residents greater control over how, who, what, why, where and when their personal data can be used.
Synthio INC focuses on Business Card Data, meaning the data which is typically printed on a business card or shared in daily business activities. While this information is publicly available It is still considered personal information by the European Union and the GDPR. Synthio INC has taken the following steps to ensure not only our compliance in the GDPR but to also ensure the safety and security of the data we process and our customers who we work with.
- Registration with Privacy Shield – Synthio Inc. has registered with Privacy Shield to provide a mechanism and governing body for data protection during transatlantic commerce.
- Data Protection Amendment – Our original Terms and Conditions while compliant with current EU regulations did not specify a Data Protection policy or outline how your data was protected. Synthio Inc has amended our Terms and Conditions and provided all existing and future clients with our Data Protection policy.
- Review of Internal System – Synthio Inc has always strived to have secure access, data, and procedures in place. During the months leading up to GPDR Synthio Inc competed an internal audit of our data storage practices, proprietary processing technology and our trusted partners to ensure data collected and stored within our system was protected at all steps of the product lifecycle.
- Reviewed Marketing Practices – Synthio Inc’s marketing team has been heavily involved with GDPR in the marketing ecosystem and has taken steps to ensure current practices and policies are inline with the new regulations while also working with our customers, marketing partners and other business to ensure they are ready to comply with the regulation.
- Making data visible and transparent – We have worked hard to ensure we have internal processes in place to handle any data requests which are presented to us and that we are able to act on these quickly and effectively. If you have any question about our data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be in direct contact with our Compliance team.
- Enhanced training for employees – Synthio Inc employs some of the brightest and innovative people in the market today. We have worked hard to educate our team members about GDPR and its effects on our customers and our business. We will continue to educate our team members as we move forward past the GDPR effective date.